Last updated September 28, 2019
This web site provides educational learning information on Linux, How to, Hardware, and many others, but you are 100% responsible for what you do or don’t do with it. Please use ALL information, commands and configuration with care. Mimata website and/or its contributors will not be responsible for damages of any kind resulting from its use. The use of this information is your OWN sole responsibility.
Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links or ads, including some on this site.
This site (“website”) contains Linux, Hardware, How to, and related information, documents, product development, tutorials compiled and written by Aeterno (“Mimata”) as well as links to other sites created by “Mimata”.
Mimata does not guarantee the accuracy of any content
The information compiled by “Mimata” as well as the links to complimentary material are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, for their accuracy or reliability. You use these sites at your own risk, and acknowledge that, while every effort has been made to correct errors before they appear, this site may include certain inaccuracies, errors, or omissions. “Mimata” makes no representations as to the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information on this site for any purpose.
Furthermore, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in, with third parties found on or through this site, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such third parties, are solely between you and the third party. “Mimata” expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on this site.
“Mimata” shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (whether or not Mimata has been notified of the possibility of such damages).
“Mimata” expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement to the full extent allowed under the law. Furthermore, no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Mimata shall create any warranty.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from or made available on the site is done at your own discretion and risk. “Mimata” expressly disclaims any responsibility for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
“Mimata” reserves all applicable rights to work one the aforementioned sites. Other marks, names, and movie titles are the property of their respective owners. All images are copyrighted by their respective owners. Use of any copyrighted images is not authorized without the consent of the copyright holder. Few logo(s) and images are used without permission, but within fair use, for the purposes of criticism or educational purpose only.
- Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
- OpenBSD is a registered trademark of Theo de Raadt.
- FreeBSD is a trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
- Red Hat is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc.
- IBM AIX is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Sun Solaris and openSolaris are registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- HP-UX (Hewlett-Packard UniX) is a trademark of Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
- VMWARE is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc.
- Xen and Citrix XenServer are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.
- VirtualBox and Oracle VM are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems / Oracle Corporation.
- All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
No affiliation between this site and of the above project/commercial company exists or is implied. Any mention of commercial products or reference to commercial organizations is for information only; it does not imply recommendation or endorsement by “website” nor does it imply that the products mentioned are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
It is our policy to make every effort to respect the copyrights of outside parties. If you believe that your copyright has been misused, please provide us with a detailed message stating your position and we will endeavor to correct any misuse.
USER REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Users are required to register with www.mimata.net in order to take advantage of some features contained within. By registering you agree to our policies, and by posting or utilizing other services, which require your login on mimata’s sites, you are agreeing the terms within this document.
CODE OF USER CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which the Content originated. You, and not Mimata, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. Mimata does not pre-screen Content, though Mimata and its designees have the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion, to deny, move, or remove any Content available via the Service. Mimata does not, and will not, guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. You understand that by choosing to use the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Mimata be liable in any way, shape, or form, for any Content, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree NOT to use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that is harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy harm or threaten minors in any way
- Falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Service; intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws
- Harass or “stalk” another individual
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that “Mimata” may preserve Content forever. You also agree “Mimata” may disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal process;
- Respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mimata and his sites, their users, and the public.
CONTENT POSTED TO WEB BLOGS
With regard to Content you choose to post to your “Mimata” web blog sites, you control all of the rights to such Content on the Service. Mimata does not claim ownership of such Content.
When you post your Content on your Mimata web blogs sites, you agree to grant Mimata the worldwide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, and publish such Content on the Service for the express purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting such Content. Mimata may only use this license to display, distribute, and promote your Mimata Journal Site; to promote and market the products and services of Mimata or his partners and affiliates; and to promote and market products and services related to your Content. Mimata hereby waives any right to use this license to produce or sell reproductions of or derivative works based on your Content directly to individual consumers without your expressed consent.