Redis is an in-memory data structure store, used as database server, cache and message broker. It also provides PHP module for communication between PHP script with Redis server.
This guide will help you for the installation of Redis server and binding with PHP using Redis PHP extensions on a cPanel server.
cPanel is a well known, most reliable and intuitive commercial control panel for web hosting services. It is rich in feature and can be used via a powerful graphical user interface to manage all shared, reseller and business hosting services and more.
It comes with a cPanel and Web Host Manager(WHM), which makes web hosting easier for web admins:a
- WHM provides root and reseller level access interface, where users can manage settings related to server administration and account management.
- While cPanel offers user level access interface to manage a web hosting account on the server.
Features of cPanel/WHM
- Intuitive and powerful GUI to control your server with WHM.
- Now supports EV Certificates.
- Supports API Authentication Tokens.
- Now offers AutoSSL supporting Proxy Subdomains.
- Enables you to view SSL Status in cPanel.
- Supports operations such as Backups, Migrations and restorations in a very easy and smooth manner.
- Supports excellent DNS and mail server management for main server and as well as client account.
- Supports management (start/stop/enable/disable) of services on server.
- Enables you to configure SSL/TLS for all server services and client domains.
- Easy integration with Phpmyadmin manage your MySQL databases from web browser.
- Supports rebranding.
- Allows integration with WHMCS to automate billing management and so much more.
In this article, we will describe how to install cPanel and WHM on RHEL/CentOS 7 and cover initial configurations to manage cPanel and WHM.